Monday, January 31, 2011
Spelling Challenge Lists
We've had 10 weeks of spelling now and we're ready for some accelerated words for some students. From now on, we will have a pretest on the first day of the week on the new spelling words. If your child passes the test, he or she can choose a "challenge list" to work on throughout the week and be tested o those words on Friday. (On my records, they would have 100% for the regular list.) If you child is on the challenge list. I will send a little paper home with the new words on it on Monday or Tuesday. All students will do the same sentence dictation on the test day with words from the original list. (I grade for capitalization and punctuation.) Please don't put extra pressure on your child to make it to the "challenge list." It's okay to make mistakes. Many students get 100% on the test now and if someone knows the words at the first of the week, I don't think they still need to practice them all week. (I keep it very low-key about the two lists and who are on them.) I will put both lists on the blog on Monday after we have had the pretest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment