We have learned so much in Math! I'm very impressed with how well students are doing!
After going over Addition and Subtraction, we have moved on to groups of 10's and place value! Place value is not an easy thing to understand, but during calendar time we are working on it--so its a daily basis of practice.
Skip-counting (contar-salteado)
This is something students need to continue practicing at home. Majority of our students have mastered skip-counting by 5's and 10's, but there are many that struggle to skip-count by 2's. It would be a fun activity to do as they drive up to school, or whenever we have those 10-15 minutes on the road! Remember, you can count these times for your Math Box Activity.
Ordinal Numbers (números ordinales)
This is a challenge! It makes more than just knowing your numbers, but memorizing the place of the number (first, second, third, etc.) So I have added the ordinal numbers for students to practice at home! I told them that I would do this, so I am sure some students will be looking forward to this. At school we only practiced from 1st to 10th, but I've included all the way to 20! I'll be asking students on Monday to see who went home to practice.
1-Primero 11-Undécimo
2-Segundo 12-Duodécimo
3-Tercero 13-Decimotercero
4-Cuarto 14-Decimocuarto
5-Quinto 15-Decimoquinto
6-Sexto 16-Decimosexto
7-Séptimo 17-Decimoséptimo
8-Octavo 18-Decimoctavo
9-Noveno 19-Decimonoveno
10-Décimo 20-Vigésimo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment