Saturday, October 23, 2010
Spelling
Friday I sent home our 1st weeks spelling words. I will usually send home the list on Monday and have the spelling test on Friday, but because of Halloween and our short week coming up I had to change it. We will practice these words throughout the week and do activities each day with them. We will also work on a few word chunks (-in, fin, chin, pin, etc) to help build our spelling skills. Practice these words at home, but remember that spelling practice can be included in the 20 mins of required reading, not in addition too. Our spelling program is set up to help students become good spellers by recognizing patterns and editing their work. It isn't just to get a 100% on a spelling test. The words that are on our spelling list will then be placed on our word wall. After a word is placed on the word wall the students are responsible to correctly spell that word in all their writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment