Two weeks of Spanish Immersion in Maestra Maiava's Classroom! What can I say? WOW!!! It has been a great experience reviewing with RED CLASS and BLUE CLASS numbers and procedures in the Spanish language. The first week was tough. Its very challenging to teach in a language that not all students know. That is where frustration comes, but over that they have come to be great troopers. They are doing great and I know that this will continue getting better! Through these two weeks I have seen a great increase of participation during Calendar, Math, and Spanish literature. Students raise their hands and ask to get a drink or use the restroom in Spanish! As small as that may seem, to me it's GREAT because they were not able to do that before.
Math
We have been reviewing all numbers. This past week we counted up to 50. After Calendar we sit in a circle (which they understand when I ask them to) and we count, count, COUNT! It is not taught that "cincuenta" is "50" or "cuarenta y nueve" is "49" but we just say they numbers in order and as we do this daily they will get it.
We reviewed Spatial patterns for numbers up to 12. We have counted a group of five and counted up from five (ex. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...). Along with the Math Envisions programs, for each lesson it has a small interactive video where it quickly goes through what they will do.
Spanish
I have tried to make spanish fun by teaching using beats and songs where they can remember it and they have done very well!
Los dias de la semana
!lunes, martes, miércoles, jueves, viernes, sabado domingo!
Numbers up to 23 have the tune to twinkle twinkle little star.
Colores
rojo, azúl, amarillo, verde, anaranjado, morado
los vocales
a,e,i,o,u
aaaaARAÑa (spider)
eeeeELEFANTE (elephant)
iiiiiiIGUANA (iguana)
oooOFICINA (office)
uuuUNIFORME (uniform)
Introduction
"Hola"
"Buenos Dias"
Buenas Tardes"
"¿Como te llamas?"
Me llamo ________.
¿Cuantos años tienes?
Tengo ___ años.
I'm looking forward for each week! Enjoy the long weekend and see you again on Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment